Wednesday, December 6, 2017

Countdown to Bermuda: In My Dreams



During this morning's training run with Ruth Anne (Tom was at a conference and couldn't join us for our Wednesday morning 5K), Ruth Anne said to me, "Wow Ma. You're really setting the pace this morning. One of these days you're gonna just take off!"

She knew about the dreams I've had these past couple of weeks in which I am at a Dr. Joe workshop and I run a 12 minute and 9 minute mile. She shared with me that she had a dream one night that I was running at a 10 minute mile pace.

"Do you remember that dream I had before we ran the 2008 Tufts 10K?" I asked her.

"Sort of," she replied. I went on to tell her about having this dream that I was in a bubble. My polio self and the woman I am today were running side by side. As I ran, the distance lengthened between me and the me who had polio until finally the bubble burst and I broke free.

During today's run I recalled the words of Dr. Joe about reconditioning my body to a new mind. It's a phrase that I've used over and over again during the past 3 years on my 11 year healing journey; healing from the effects of paralytic polio and childhood trauma and then after a serious knee injury in December of 2014. Every day I bless Ryan J. Means, DC for the work we did to get me back on my healing path and for introducing me to the work of Dr. Joe.

I'm reading Becoming Supernatural: How Common People Are Doing the Uncommon and I'm beginning to experience and feel what these words mean. As I ran today I ran in my mind's eye; in my dreams. I felt free and fast. I felt Spirit say to me, "Don't worry about your pace. Imagine and experience how you want to feel as you embrace your future self totally healed."

I let go of thoughts about my body and about heaviness in my body that come from the polio/trauma self and instead focused on being in the present moment experiencing the miracle of healing for both Ruth Anne and me.

During my workout on the Arc Trainer yesterday I let myself imagine what it's going to feel like going the distance - mile by mile feeling free and unencumbered - as I had written about for years in my poems in beautiful Bermuda - in my dreams!

As my imagination and my dreams become so real, my body transforms to conform to what is happening in my mind.

There is an abundance of joy and gratitude to have found my healing path; to believe in the power of my dreams despite any outward appearances to the contrary.

What a blessed and wonderful journey of transformation...and it all began in my dreams as I imagined myself to health, wholeness and wellness through writing poetry.

The dream lives on....



To going the distance with strength and courage
From my heart to yours,
Mary

Be sure to visit my website by following this link.

My books are available on Amazon.

Feel the Heal: An Anthology of Poems to Heal Your Life


Coming Home: A Memoir of Healing Hope and Possibility that chronicles the first 7 years of my healing journey:


And my latest and greatest book - Going the Distance: The Power of Endurance (With a Foreword by Jacqueline Hansen):








No comments:

Post a Comment